Friday, August 28, 2009

This isn't a victory party...


Around 2 o’clock today I looked over at FaceBook – it’s where I get all my news these days - and saw a few posts about running 24 miles tomorrow. This will be our longest run of the training cycle – thankfully, because any further and I’d demand a t-shirt, medal and fireworks at the start. Anyway – the posts were all about HYDRATING. Oh crap! I knew I forgot something today.


Why is remembering to drink so hard? I drank like a fish in college so you would think this would come naturally to me. But it doesn’t.


There was something else I screwed up. I RSVPed to a birthday party for this weekend. I had it all planned out in my head for Sunday afternoon. But it just hit me like a ton of bricks – that party is tomorrow. I ran to the invitation – and sure enough – 1:00 – bring your swimsuits. Oh crap. Kids, swimming, loud noises – all to cap off my near-marathon run. Not how I envisioned it all. I was truly thinking about a long nap, in a cool dark room… it is what makes getting up at 3:30 AM tolerable.


Well – with any luck – I will be able to hydrate at this party – just like I did in college!

No comments:

Post a Comment