Definition of Like Me:
- Been training at a novice/pre-intermediate level on and off for 4 years
- Shows modest improvement over a year’s time
- Easily 10 pounds overweight
- Nutrition needs work / Sleep habits terrible
The good news for me is I have loads of room for improvement! And it seems sleep is the easiest area for me to address, except I’m both a night owl AND an early bird! For the past year or so, I average between 4 – 5 hours of sleep a night. But If I listen to athletes like Jarrod Shoemaker and Robbie Ventura, this is exactly why I haven’t gone pro yet!
So after some constant ribbing about my 2am Facebook postings, I decided I want to sleep my way to success! Oh – I couldn’t resist!Sunday evening: Head on pillow 11:30 pm / Wake up at 6:30 am
- Monday Morning: SLEEP HANGOVER It was a recovery day, so didn’t do a real workout. I basically showered and started working. Felt sluggish the entire day.
Monday evening: Head on pillow 11:30 pm / Wake up at 6:30 am
- Tuesday Morning: Figured out that I can’t sleep that much and then just go straight to the desk to start working. Mowed the lawn before showering and starting work. Felt so much better – and was more rested for our 6:30 pm track practice
Tuesday evening: Head on pillow 12:10 pm / Wake up at 4:30 am
- Wednesday Morning: I fell off the wagon! Why on earth did I think it was a good idea to go to VQ training after a hill repeat workout the night before??? Oh right – I had no choice. I really felt tired and sore. But I think it had more to do with the training than the sleep factor.
So how is it working so far? Well, I didn’t get any rounds of applause at my cycling class this morning. But I also only got 4 hours of sleep last night. So I have to demonstrate better discipline. But I have no fear! My Facebook horoscope gives me hope! (And no – I didn’t find it at 2 AM!)
Today's Taurus Horoscope: You will have a lot of interesting insights and impressions today, and if you take the time to listen carefully to what your body is telling you, you may find a practical and affordable solution to a lifestyle, dietary or healthcare problem.